Hello crafty friends! Today I’m excited to join the Brew-Tea-Ful Blog Hop from Jane’s Doodles. I’m going to give you my usual tutorial here and then you can hop along following the links below to see plenty more cards showcasing this gorgeous stamp set and leave a comment on the blog to enter the giveaway and you might win a stamp set of your choice!
For this card I started out with a panel of 3 3/4″ by 5 1/2″ of Canson Montval 300 gsm watercolor cardstock. On it I stamped a pattern of ornate teacups from the Brew-Tea-Ful stamp set by Jane’s Doodles in Versamark ink. I embossed it with WOW Gold Rich Pale embossing powder.
I wanted some color in the background but I’m not the greatest at doing a flat wash of watercolor so instead I stamped the tea cups on some full stick post-it notes and cut them out to create masks. I used Concord & 9th ink in the Buttercup color and an ink blending brush to give some color to the background. I then painted in all the tea cups with Mijello Mission Gold watercolors. I used a ton of color combinations on all the different cups, but sticking to a color pallete of about 5 colors, which is a really good number if you want to maintain some consistency throughout your project and yet have enough colors to keep it interesting.
I die cut 4 hearts from kraft cardstock. The heart die is from a nesting die set by Hero Arts. On one of them I stamped the sentiment in Versamark ink and embossed it with WOW Gold Rich Pale embossing powder. After heatsetting that, I also used the Versamark brushmarker to trace along the edge of the diecut. I then sprinkled on more embossing powder and heatset it, leaving a nice gold-dipped edge on the heart. I layered all the heart dies together with Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue to add some dimension to it. I also cut 4 pieces of white cardstock slightly smaller than my watercolor panel and stacked them together as well to add dimension to the entire panel. I then glued all of that onto a topfolding kraft cardbase.
That’s it for my card! But make sure to check out everyone’s projects on their blogs.
- Milka https://craftymilka.blogspot.com/
- Marion https://mademarion.vagg.org/
- Claudia http://claudiacubas.blogspot.com/
- Bobbi https://bobbihartdesign.com/
- Katerina https://www.instagram.com/katerina_vorsobina/
- Kaja https://kajcyika-crafts.blogspot.com/
- Kerstins Persang https://www.instagram.com/kerstinspaperprojects/
- Lien https://studiokatoblog.wordpress.com/blog/
- Anika https://annikarten.blogspot.com/
- JD blog https://janesdoodles.blogspot.com/
Head over to the JD blog to enter the giveaway, one lucky winner will receive a stamp set of their choice! Visit the Jane’s Doodles shop too, there’s a sale of 25% off throughout the entire weekend, no promo code needed!
- Canson Montval 300 gsm
- Jane’s Doodles – Brew-tea-ful stamp set
- Versamark ink
- WOW Gold Rich Pale Regular embossing powder
- Hero Arts – Nesting hearts die set
- Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue