Hello crafty friends! I’m back with another gorgeous new Jane’s Doodles release, believe me, it’s plane awesome! And to celebrate it we have a hop with a giveaway (more info below) and there’s a 25% discode over at the Jane’s Doodles shop too!
For this card I used the Love Is In The Air stamp set from the new Jane’s Doodles release and I stamped the plane and the bunnies first in My Favorite Things Extreme Black ink onto Clairefontaine DCP 250 gsm cardstock but I left both stamps in my Misti for later! I colored in the images with my alcohol markers and then put the cardstock back into my Misti to stamp the images again with Versafine Onyx Black ink.
This is an extra step, but it takes less than a minute and I definitely think it’s worth it to get that lovely crisp black outline. The Versafine ink also allows me to do some embossing, so I added Clear Gloss Super Fine embossing powder by WOW and heatset that before fussy cutting it out. For my background I die cut a mini slimline panel with the Pinkfresh Studio Essentials Mini Slimline Bundle die set from soft pink cardstock. I used the Rolling Clouds stencil by My Favorite Things and Pinkfresh Studio inks to blend on a fun pink sky.
I added some sentiments from the Love You stamp set by Jane’s Doodles in Versafine Onyx Black, embossed with WOW Clear Gloss Super Fine embossing powder and then it’s time to put my card together! I used an orange matting layer, glued that onto my mini slimline cardbase with Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue. I used that same glue to stack 4 panels of thick white cardstock together to add dimension behind my pink background panel. I added the plane image with foam tape and finished it up with some Periwinkle Meraki Sparkle gems by Crafty Meraki.
For more information, check out my video right here!
And for more inspiration, follow along with the blog hop! Leave comments along the way for a chance to win a stamp set of your choice!
- Milka https://craftymilka.blogspot.com/
- Marion https://mademarion.vagg.org/
- Claudia http://claudiacubas.blogspot.com/
- Katerina https://www.instagram.com/katerina_vorsobina/
- Katja https://www.instagram.com/kati_stampingchicks/
- Tinne https://www.instagram.com/robinette_crafts/
- Lien https://studiokatoblog.wordpress.com/blog/ –> YOU ARE HERE!
- Bobbi https://bobbihartdesign.com/
- Kerstin (guest) https://kartenwerke.blogspot.com/
- Laura (guest) http://www.laurafadora.com/
- Jane’s Doodles blog https://janesdoodles.blogspot.com/